Sage Singer befriends an old man who’s particularly beloved in her community. Josef Weber is everyone’s favorite retired teacher and Little League coach. They strike up a friendship at the bakery where Sage works. One day he asks Sage for a favor: to kill him. Shocked, Sage refuses…and then he confesses his darkest secret – he deserves to die, because he was a Nazi SS guard. Complicating the matter? Sage’s grandmother is a Holocaust survivor.
What do you do when evil lives next door? Can someone who’s committed a truly heinous act ever atone for it with subsequent good behavior? Should you offer forgiveness to someone if you aren’t the party who was wronged? And most of all – if Sage even considers his request – is it murder, or justice?
- Kindle Bargain £0.99: The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (readingmyescape.wordpress.com)
- Audible Daily Deal – The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (@jodipicoult) for $5.95! @recordedbooks (randomizeme.net)
- Jodi Picoult (mkukrejablog.wordpress.com)
- Review: The Storyteller (shtulman.wordpress.com)
- Jodi Picoult + The Storyteller (robinkall.com)
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult (thebittersweetbookworm.wordpress.com)