Every few decades a book is published that changes the lives of its readers forever. Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist is such a book With over a million and a half copies sold in Latin America and Europe, The Alchemist has already achieved the status of a modern classic. Now this charming fable has been translated into English to enchant and inspire an even wider audience for years to come.
Here is the magical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure as extravagant as any ever found. From his home in Spain he journeys to the markets of Tangiers into the Egyptian desert where a fateful encounter with the alchemist awaits him.
This is a story that teaches us, as only few stories can, about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, learning to read the omens strewn along life’s path and, above, all follow our dreams.
- Book Club – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (ruijaime.com)
- The Alchemist (hoopert3.wordpress.com)
- The Alchemist (alicehocker.com)
- CHARACTER ANALYSIS – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, Chapter 2: The Crystal Merchant (naturallities.wordpress.com)
- THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelho (mehena.wordpress.com)